ISM – IUK
The International University of Kyrgyzstan (IUK) was created in March 1993 by a decree of President of the Kyrgyz Republic (State license AL #039) that gave the University a status of an international higher education institution.
The UK is located in Bishkek – the capital of the Kyrgyz Republic. The building of the UK is one of the oldest and most beautiful buildings of Bishkek that is located on a central street of the city. In addition to Bishkek Campus, the university has three campuses which are located in the following cities: Osh and Jalal-Abad (southern region of Kyrgyzstan) and in Karakol-city (Issyk-Kul region of Kyrgyzstan).
The UK is a member of the World Association of Universities and Colleges (WAUC), Association of European Universities (EUA), European Association for International Education (EAIE), Global Alliance for Transnational Education (GATE), Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World (FUIW), International Association of Universities under UNESCO.
The International School of Medicine (ISM) created in March 2003 as part of the strategy for reforming the education system and improving the competitiveness of domestic universities.
The main emphasis in the creation of the ISM was made on the creation of a modern dynamic educational institution that provides high-quality training and has a competitive potential in the market of medical education
The International School of Medicine of the International University of Kyrgyzstan is an official state educational institution with the license of Ministry of Education and Science of Kyrgyz Republic for medical education in General Medicine within 5 years of study. (Official license AL #540).
MBBS in International School of Medicine (ISM)
- The sole objective of establishing a higher medical education university offering relevant courses for students of Kyrgyzstan as well as from abroad.
- It is an extended branch of International University of Kyrgyzstan which is considered as one of the most reputed university in the whole of Kyrgyzstan.
- The International School of Medicine is the one and only medical college in Kyrgyzstan which has recognition for its 5 years MBBS course in Kyrgyzstan.
- The same is accredited & recognized by major organizations of the world like the World Health Organization (WHO), IMED, and FAIMER& Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Among all the departments functional as the ISM, the major ones are faculty of general medicine, faculty of micro & macro anatomy, faculty of pathology, faculty of surgery, faculty of humanitarian sciences, faculty of obstetrics &gynecology, faculty of internal medicine, therapy and many more.
- The International School of Medicine awards the degree of M.D. (Physician) to students who complete their study of 5 years successfully. This degree is equivalent to the MBBS degree in India. The students need to pass the MCI screening test after completion of MBBS in ISM for practicing in India as a doctor.
- Students who wish to pursue further education after MBBS in Kyrgyzstan may join the postgraduate program in ISM in any specialty they wish to, for e.g. pediatrics, gynecology, surgery, traumatic surgery, therapy, internal diseases, etc.
- Apart from these postgraduate courses offered at International School of Medicine, students may also opt for some short-term specializations or diploma courses for the enrichment of skills in a specific field.
- This is the main center for studies in the International School of Medicine (ISM).
- This is also the main campus for International University of Kyrgyzstan (IUK) where other faculties other than medicine also take place. It also consists of the main library where students can get books issued for studies. It also has many halls with multimedia facilities and auditoriums.
- Training at ISM is conducted according to the European System of Transformation of Credits (ESTC), which enables to move from any course of studies at ISM to European universities.”All the ISM programs are approved and Licensed by the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health of Kyrgyz Republic.”
- The library possesses a unique book stock (above six thousand items) including traditional and new information-carrying mediums, among them there are books in the line of medicine: therapy, pediatric, oncology, dermatology, gynecology, histology, microbiology, pharmacology, orthopedic, etc.
- At this moment there are registered about 600 students and 80 teachers in the library.
CHYNGYSHPAEV SHAMIL MUKASHEVICH
RECTOR OF INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
Chyngyshpaev Shamil Mukashevich has been the Rector of the International School of Medicine of the International University of Kyrgyzstan since 2004. He was born in Kyrgyzstan in 1948 and received his M.D. from Kyrgyz State Medical Academy (KSMA).
Professor Chyngyshpaev completed his internship at the general surgery clinic of the Kyrgyz State Medical Institute (now KSMA) in 1972-1973. He was a Chair of the Department of General Surgery 1 from 1976 to 1981, than became an Assistant professor at the Department of General Surgery of KSMA (1981-1999), a Dean of the contractual training Department of KSMA (1999-2002), Director of Institute of Medicine at KSMA (2002-2003), Professor of KSMA (2003), and finally Rector of ISM IUK (since 2004 to present).
He has authored more than 150 publications and is editor of 10 monographs. Professor Chyngyshpaev has received top Kyrgyz awards including “Excellent in Healthcare” and “Excellent in Education”. He has also completed several professional internships in Russia and USA. He speaks fluent Kyrgyz and Russian.
We are inviting you to our university to get one of the most interesting and humane professions – the profession of medical doctor.Our medical school has considerable experience in training of doctors for foreign countries and employs the best specialists of Kyrgyz Republic.Strong intellectual potential, close cooperation with leading medical institutions, the use of modern technologies, and individual approach to each student, all these ensure high quality of training and future professional achievements of our graduates.Training in our medical school is conducted in line with up-to-date standards applied in European countries. We are offering our students the training programmes best fit for their home country needs or places where they want to practice medicine in future.We apply training techniques that make it possible for students to develop problem-solving skills, learn how to get information independently and improve abilities to assess new information critically. We are confident that wide access to clinical settings, work with patients, and participation in surgeries will help students develop good clinical skills and human approach.We pay particular attention to the personal growth of students applying the individual approach to each of them and help them solve all their problems as to training or accommodation, privacy, and security. Once you become our school student you will be a part of us as we are personally responsible for each one of you, and when you leave we want you to remember us and stay in touch.
Rector of International School of Medicine
Professor M.D., Ph.D.
The structure of the ISM is organized according to the principles that correspond to international standards for medical educational institutions. Such an organization of the medical school allows conducting foreign and domestic policy in line with the principles of transparency, academic integrity and allows staff, faculty, and students of the ISM to take part in many aspects of the life of the university. At present, structurally, the ISM has 6 administrative departments and 11 academic departments.
The implementation of higher education programs is ensured by highly-qualified personnel with professional basic higher education, academic degrees and scientific titles. There are 168 teachers in the ISM including 81 teachers with academic degrees (48%).
- Department of Humanitarian Disciplines
- Department of Pediatrics, Obstetrics, and Gynecology
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Scientific Disciplines
- Department of Surgery
- Department of Fundamental Disciplines
- Department of Special Clinical Disciplines
- Department of Internal Medicine
- Department of Therapy
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Macro and Micro Anatomy
- Students will gain advanced knowledge and expertise as they use sufficient library resources, satellite technologies, and free access to internet and multimedia capacities.
- Training in clinical disciplines at ISM is conducted at facilities of National Hospital, leading research institutions and Bishkek municipal in-patient settings, which ensure the adequate number of patients for training.
- Structure of ISM consists of one “General Medicine” faculty, which includes nine chairs. Chairs are full filling the needs of Medical students.
the library possesses a unique book stock (above six thousand items) including traditional and new information-carrying mediums, among them there are books in the line of medicine: therapy, pediatric, oncology, dermatology, gynecology, histology, microbiology, pharmacology, orthopedic, etc.
At this moment there are registered about 600 students and 80 teachers in the library. New information technologies are introduced for the smooth functioning of the library. The library’s reading halls have PCs connected to the network, so students get free access to the global Internet.
ISM IUK has its own transport facilities for students. There is a bus that transports students to educational centers that are located on the outskirts of Bishkek. Students also maintain cars for their personal use.
The Kyrgyz transport system is well organized with Mini Buses, Buses and Trolley Buses connecting every part of Bishkek city. The cost to use public transport is 5 Kyrgyz Som for Trolley Bus, 6 Kyrgyz Soms for Bus and 8 Kyrgyz Soms for Mini Bus. Taxis are also available at reasonable prices.
Doctors are always available to treat the sick. In case of medical emergencies, 103-ambulance service is ready to lift the students immediately to the hospital. The health senators from the students’ community monitor the students’ health 24/7. Student`s Health data is collected once a week and the individual statistics are updated in the student`s health record.
Why Choose Us
Medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan are premium colleges that provide world-class medical education. It is the best choice for Indian students who hope to attain in a career in medicine. The teaching staffs in the medical universities of Kyrgyzstan are world renowned and globally acclaimed professors that have the ability to turn students into doctors. The low cost of living and education make Lithuania very attractive for Indian students to study MBBS abroad.
Kyrgyzstan is advancing in all sectors at breaking speed and is not showing any sign of slowing down. The country provides the best possible facilities for healthcare to education to transportation. Being part of such tremendous growth does wonder for your personal growth as well as providing all the necessities to satisfy anybody’s standard of living. All of this is given to you at very affordable prices making Kyrgyzstan an optimum solution for study.
No Entrance Exams
Many countries like India have very demanding and difficult entrance examinations that you need to crack before you can actually attend medical school. Such entrance tests have many times destroyed many MBBS dreams. In Kyrgyzstan, no such pressurizing exam exists and you are free to join any university of your choice. This is one of the main reasons that you should do your MBBS in Kyrgyzstan.
The fee structure of MBBS courses in Kyrgyzstan is lower than any other medical colleges in the world. They provide quality education that is on par with any college in the US or UK at a very budget-friendly price. Students studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan have nothing to worry when it comes to financial matters.
Quality Hospitals for Internships
All the hospitals affiliated to the MBBS colleges in Kyrgyzstan where the students undertake internships are of the highest quality. They use the most advanced medical equipment and innovative medical practices. These hospitals have the capability of housing a large number of patients and students along with providing exquisite health care.
Globally Recognized Medical Degree
The medical degree is globally acclaimed and is recognized by many International bodies such as World Health Organization, European Union, The International Medical Education Directory and General Medical Council, UK. Also, the MBBS colleges in Kyrgyzstan provide training for USMLE and other medical licensing examinations. The Kyrgyzstan medical colleges are recognized by the MCI. The students who graduate from Kyrgyzstan will be allowed to sit for the MCI screening test.
Separate hostels are provided for international students with hot and cold water. Central heating is also provided in all hostels. All types of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes are also provided. All this at a very low cost.